How many videos have we watched on Facebook or pictures have we seen on Instagram of someone taking out their weave after an extended period of time and the hair underneath is unrecognizable.
If we scroll back a couple of months we can find a picture of when their hair was freshly laid and slayed. The extensions were silky smooth, colored to perfection and cut with razor precision. It was absolutely gorgeous. But as the time passed, not only did the extensions start to look drab, their hair underneath started suffering as well. Check out these 5 tips below for keeping your hair healthy while it is being protected under your luxurious Dynasty Premium Hair extensions:
- Start out with clean, conditioned (moisturized) hair. It is important to wash and thoroughly moisturize your hair before installing a protective style. Be sure to pay special attention to your scalp. Also, your hair should be washed while you have the extensions in as well.
- Trim your ends. Clipped ends are essential to healthy hair. You don’t want to protect split ends. They will only continue to split and cause breakage.
- Make sure your foundation braids aren’t too tight. Foundation braids that start out too tight can lead to traction alopecia, not to mention that they will feel even tighter once the extensions are sewn in. Be sure to tell your stylist if you feel like your hair is being braided too tightly.
- Don’t use excessive heat. We understand that you want your hair to look as good as the day that you got it done, but try to lay off the excessive heat styling to preserve the extensions and your own hair especially if there is leave out. Another way to avoid “leave out breakage” is to wear one of Dynasty Premium Hair’s lavish frontal units. They not only provide protection, they also look incredibly natural.
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PROTECTIVE STYLE IN FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS. This is probably the most important tip. While protective styling may free up a lot of time in your schedule, be sure to not leave it in for more than 2 months and to give your hair at least a 2-week break in between each style.
Dynasty Premium Hair offers the best is top of the line, quality extensions. Be sure that when you decide to take your extensions out that your hair looks just as good underneath.